Skip to Content
Serving the Rancho Cucamonga Community
Legal Separation

Legal Separation Attorney In Rancho Cucamonga

Counsel For Marital Dissolution

Is legal separation right for you? At the Law Office of Luella G. Hairston, we have helped many clients who chose to live separately - whether for a short period of time or permanently - rather than legally end their marriages. There are a number of reasons why some couples opt for this, such as:

  • Time apart from one another to consider whether or not they want to divorce
  • Religious convictions against divorce
  • Financial considerations such as waiting until 10 years of marriage have passed in order to utilize Social Security benefits or, as a military spouse, benefits under the Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act
  • Preservation of certain medical or related benefits

If you and your spouse wish to pursue legal separation as an alternative to divorce, talk to the Rancho Cucamonga divorce lawyer at the Law Office of Luella G. Hairston at your earliest convenience.

Why Choose The Law Office of Luella G. Hairston?

  • Effective Representation
    With nearly 15 years of experience and a California State Bar Certification as a Family Law Specialist, we provide effective representation that combines legal expertise with strategic advocacy to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients in Rancho Cucamonga and beyond.
  • Ethical Advocacy
    At the Law Office of Luella G. Hairston, we prioritize ethical dealings in every case, ensuring integrity and trustworthiness in all our interactions with clients, courts, and opposing parties.
  • Compassionate Counsel
    We understand the emotional challenges that accompany family law disputes, and we offer compassionate counsel to support our clients. We provide personalized attention and guidance to help our clients navigate these difficult times with confidence and peace of mind.

How do I file for legal separation in California?

You can file for legal separation, which requires a filing fee, in the county where you live with your spouse. You will need a number of forms, including:

  • a petition for legal separation and a summons
  • property declaration form if you have considerable assets and / or debts
  • a declaration under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act if you and your spouse have children
  • a child custody and visitation application if you wish the court to establish a temporary visitation schedule.
Continue Reading Read Less

Contact The Law Office of Luella G. Hairston Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy